Baccarat in Live Online Casino: Rules and Secrets of the Game
Baccarat is one of the earliest card games, although its origins are unclear. In the Middle Ages, priests used to play it during their rituals. The name of the game means “nothing” in Italian, so the game may have been reworked by Falguirein. In France, baccarat was popularized by King Charles VIII who bought it during a conquest. Today, this card game is an integral element of live casino collections. Learn the key tips and tricks to improve your results.
Unlike slots, baccarat requires specific skills. Aside from sheer luck, you should rely on your understanding of the strategy. The rules are relatively easy to master.
- Your goal is to get as close as possible to 9.
- The result is calculated by adding up all the values of the cards in your hand.
- If the total is over 10, you subtract 10 from the total value.
After the cards are dealt, the totals are calculated. Three scenarios are possible:
- A hand gives 8 or 9, and its owner immediately wins 1:1. This is known as a “natural”.
- The hands have equal value, so the bets win 8:1.
- The player with 0-5 a third card, which should result in scenario 1 or 2.
The Value of the Cards
- The Ace is worth 1 point
- Cards from 2 to 9 give their nominal value.
- 10, Jack, Queen, and King give 0.
Three Types of Bets
During each live round, you will have an opportunity to place three types of wagers. They bring different advantages to the player.
- Banco: your advantage is 1.07%; you pay a 5% commission to the house if you win.
- Point: you gain a 1.36% luck percentage.
- Equality: you have a 14.4% advantage over the dealer, while the odds are 8:1.
Tips from Pros
So, how can you improve your chances of winning in the game? First, learn the basic rules. They are quite simple, as your goal is to get as close to 9 as possible without going over it. You do not have any control over the cards being dealt. All you can do is choose the table and the time to start.
The most preferable hand is the one that pays less but provides steady wins. This is true for the bank bet and the bet on the player who is the most likely to win. Finally, do not rely on the match history. In baccarat, there is no connection between the new hand and the previous one.